I must confess that the last few weeks have made me realize that posting an article in one’s blog is perhaps one of the most difficult tasks EVER.As I sit down near my P.C, for the umpteenth time ,hoping that this time I will successfully post an article in my blog, I remember the countless times that I had started writing this month’s post but had failed again and again.There were so many things to write about and yet I was finding so few words to describe them.
Thus in Chris Martin’s words ,
“When you try your best but you don't succeed,
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse.
Tears stream, down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I..
Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you.”
I have to finish this post today , I MUST
To begin with, I am now a student of Class XII and even though I studied very little , I got brilliant marks in Economics and BEBM and ,guess what? no one at SPHS got more marks in the above two subjects than yours sincerely!!!.So all you share-market people have no fear, a budding economist is in the making!!!! But (sigh)life is not a bed of roses or Axeland (as my Don Bosco friends prefer to say) and my Stats marks were disastrous, and now that I think of it, I could have easily topped my section if I had got more marks in Stats and Maths.Well I’ll try my best this time and if I don’t succeed , then light will guide my bones and if light doesn’t guide me, Coldplay I’ll sue you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well moving over to less-serious things, I was part of three others from my school who represented SPHS in the Inter-School Open Essay Competition.There many incentives thus, 1)the first prize was that a whooping Rs.8000 2)You would finally get to meet people from other schools(You know what I mean) 3)You would seem like a hero if you would mention that you were part of your school essay-team.
But , the day started on a bad note when I found that all the state –buses had gone for election campaigns and the handful of taxis that were plying …(hey did I mention taxi ? well forget it, taxis are damn COSTLY especially when your parents are not with you or when you don’t have someone like Suvobrata to bail you out).Well I reached school huffing and puffing and guess what the topic given to me was “Fashion is so intolerable an evil that it changes after every six months.”An easy topic it might seem , but why ME?Fashion and Gaurav Mukherjee do not go hand in hand ...
Now moving over to other things, we had Udaan on the day of the essay competition and it was decided that once I had finished penning my essay I would meet my friends at the venue and all of us would go and enjoy our school fest.I was bloody excited for this was the first time that I was actually going to a fest .I had heard so much about school fests from Bibaswan and Co. that I thought that a fest was this huge ,never-ending party with lots and lots of Rock music and many members of the fairer sex participating from other schools but, this was not going to be my day either.The first half of Udaan was soooo boring and after I had left the premises of the venue I received a call from one of my friends who said that I had missed THE MAIN ATTRACTION of the night , the fashion-show.
SO THE BOTTOMLINE IS T,HAT IF YOU HAVE A HUNCH THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE THIS REALLY BAD DAY,DON’T PARTICIPATE IN ANY EVENT(ESPECIALLY A FEST).GO HOME,WATCH T.V,SLEEP AND CURSE HIMESH RESHAMMIYA FOR COMPOSING SONGS WITH REALLY CATCHY TUNES BUT VERY BAD VOCALS TO SUPPORT THEM.(Many of you might think otherwise)
I have recently created reviewzone with a couple of my friends and will be posting , in there,from time to time, reviews on anything and everything. I was however very disappointed with the work of Deep, one of the contributors of reviewzone.I had literally ordered him to submit a review before the 1st of June and Deep I must say that if I don’t get my review before the 29 th of this month, I’ll throw you out of reviewzone. You are a good writer ,don’t waste your talent.
Many have have criticized the Pro-Reservation Bill which has been brought up for discussion at the Parliament and I have been asked many a times how I see the entire episode.Well,for a change, I support you all for I strongly believe that merit should never be compromised with and that, this pro-OBC movement has actually shown the backward castes in very poor light.Besides,many OBC candidates are really meritorious students and most of them are financially secure.Then is it fair that a person A be shown the door only because he is financially secure or of a higher caste?The OBC candidates must realize that this government will never act for their well-being,all this hype is only for strengthening the government’s vote bank.Then why dishonour yourself? Agreed that you all might get an admission into a reputed educational instituition based on your caste but will you all like it when people laugh at your back and say that “Oh this guy/girl got an admission because he/she is an O.BC.He/She is totally useless.”Is this what you want? If the government really wants the OBC’s to progress then they should provide financial assistance and not practice a policy of vote-bank politics.One must not play with the careers of millions on something as trivial as caste.
“We don’t need no castes and politics,
We don’t need no thought control,
No dark sarcasm in the Parlaiment,
Ministers leave us kids alone,
Hey ministers! leave us kids alone,
All in all your just,
Another brick in the wall.
On a much lighter note ,World Cup fever is spreading like wildfire.Most of my friends are ardent supporters of traditional power-houses like Brazil ,Argentina and England. Thus I sincerely hope that this time, my team Italy plays really good football and goes all the way. Italian football has been in the dumps for a very long time and is it high time that it rises “like a phoenix,from its ashes.” This present team is very under-valued and led by Fabio Cannavaro and my personal favourite “Sandro” Nesta the Azzurri have every chance of winning the ultimate prize in sporting history ,thus placing themselves alongside the legendary Azzurri squads of 82 and 94.
GO ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’ll write again very soon.
P.S- The Italian National football team won the Fifa World Cup 2006 defeating France in the finals at Berlin