The Last Emperor
I left home six
summers ago on a hot and sultry day with a fifty-two kilo frame and a twenty
six kilo suitcase. An unknown city, lay before my eyes in all her splendor,
with towering heights and pretty faces. I was twenty one and in love.
I went back to the waters many years later to see the silhouette of my young friend - yet I did not recognize her face. They told me it was her, who I had loved all along and I believed them. It was raining, perhaps they could not see.
There she stood
before me, my beautiful young friend - her hair caressing her cheeks as the sun
went down in the distance. She was twenty and in love.
I went back to the waters many years later to see the silhouette of my young friend - yet I did not recognize her face. They told me it was her, who I had loved all along and I believed them. It was raining, perhaps they could not see.
I met a familiar face
on a moonlit night, when the waves crashed against the sea. It was the face of my
friend who I thought I had lost. She was twenty six and in love with the idea
of love. I should have thanked her for all she had done but I walked away.
A few steps ahead,
there she stood, my beautiful young friend, no longer a girl of twenty. They
said she was loved by many but why was she so melancholy, why did I see tears
streaming down from her cheeks. Her face seemed familiar but they said she was
not the one I knew. It was raining, perhaps I could not see.
I went back and
looked into the stream to remember the face of the one I had loved. I could
only see my own reflection staring back at me. I should have understood.
I met my friend on a
hot and sultry night, no longer the young girl I had always thought she would
be. Her face seemed familiar but they said they didnt know for sure. I was twenty eight
and in love.